If you are a loss prevention manager, or a security manager whose job covers loss prevention, here are two professional certificates you may be interested in.
- LPQualified(LPQ) – entry level
- LPCertified (LPC) – advanced level
The LPQ and LPC certificates are the only international certifications for the retail industry, powered by The Loss Prevention Foundation (LPF).
*The LPF official site: https://www.yourlpf.org/
Take a quick look at what LPQ and LPC are.
The LPQ offers value to:
- Loss Prevention Managers
- Store Managers
- College Students
- Select Hourly Employees
- District LP in need of a refresher course
- people interested in entering the Loss Prevention / Asset Protection Profession.
*All international applicants must take the LPQ prep-course before taking the exam to gain their LPQ credential.
The LPQ has 3 courses:
- The Retail Environment
- Becoming a Successful Business Person
- Loss Prevention Basics and Tools
Each course has multiple sections which add up to 500 pages of text in total.
The LPC offers value to:
- Loss Prevention Management and Executives
- Senior Loss Prevention Managers
- Current and Future District Loss Prevention Managers(DLPMs)
- Regional Loss Prevention Managers(RLPMs)
- Senior Managers
- Vice Presidents
The LPC has 6 courses, 31 sections, 1200 pages of text, an advanced education for loss prevention management and executives.
- Leadership principles
- Business principles
- Loss prevention operations
- Safety and risk management
- Crisis management
- Supply chain security